FSHN maintains a highly active research program, carrying out a multitude of research efforts and clinical studies throughout the year. Our program focuses on key healthcare issues in Kuwait, aiming to support evidence-based practice.
- Landry M.D., Raman S.R., Sulway C., Golightly Y.M., Hamdan E. (2008) Prevalence and risk factors associated with low back pain among health care providers in a Kuwait hospital (2008). Spine. 33(5). 539-545.
- Landry M.D., Hamdan E., Al Mazeedi S., Brooks D. (2008) The precarious balance between ‘supply’ and ‘demand’ for health care: the increasing global demand for rehabilitation service for individuals living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 3(3). 393-396.
- Raman S.R., Mandoda s., Hussain L.K., Foley N., Hamdan E., Landry M. (2010) Exploring the meaning of childhood disability: perceptions of disability among mothers of children with disabilities (CWD) in Kuwait. World Health & Population.11(4). 49-60.
- Raman S.R., Al-Halabi B., Hamdan E., Landry M.D. (2012) Prevalence and risk factors associated with self-reported carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) among office workers in Kuwait. BMC Research Notes. 13;5. 289.
- MacPherson M.M., MacArthur L., Jadan P., Glassman L., Bouzubar F.F., Hamdan E., Landry M.D. (2013) A SWOT analysis of the physiotherapy profession in Kuwait. Physiotherapy Research International. 18(1). 37-46.
- Raman S.R., Landry M.D., Ottensmeyer C.A., Jacob S., Hamdan E., Bouhaimed M. (2013) Keeping our children safe in motor vehicles: knowledge, attitudes and practice among parents in Kuwait regarding child car safety. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion. 21(4). 358-367.
- Raman S.R., Ottensmeyer C.A., Landry M.D., Alfadhli J., Procter S., Jacob S., Hamdan E., Bouhaimed M. (2014) Seat-belt use still low in Kuwait: self-reported driving behaviours among adult drivers. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion. 21(4). 328-337.
- Hamdan E., Bouzabar F.F., Landry M.D. (2013) The Bone and Joint Decade (BJD) initiative: how did Kuwait perform? World Health and Population. 14(4). 5-11.
- Scull, N. C., Khullar, N., Awadhi, N., Erheim, R. (2014). A qualitative study of the perceptions of mental health care in Kuwait. International Perspectives in Psychology: research, Practice, Consultation, 3(4), 284-299.
- Alameer., M., Meteyard, L., and Ward, D. (2017). Stuttering generalization self-measure: Preliminary development of a self-measuring tool. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 53, 41-51
- Viola K.V., Deeny M.C., Musallam S., Serour M, Federman D. A national study of behaviours and attitudes towards the sun and skin cancer in Kuwait.
- Khullar N., Scull N., Deeny M.C. The Prevalence, Patterns and Perceptions of Performance Enhancing Drug Use among Gym Users in Kuwait: PHASE 1.
- Khullar N., Deeny M.C., Scull N. The Prevalence, Patterns and Perceptions of Performance Enhancing Drug Use among Gym Users in Kuwait: PHASE 2.
- AlFeeli A., Ashour A., AlRoughani R., Hawkins C., Pandyan A. An investigation into the effects of a customized patient selected exercise intervention on fatigue in patients with MS.
- Deeny M.C., Hamdan E., Ross E.L., Edwards R.R., Huang C.C., Jamison R.N. Chronic Pain, Comorbid Medical Conditions and Associated Risk Factors in Kuwait: Gender and Nationality Differences
- Deeny M.C., Hamdan E., Landry M.D. An analysis of the demand for rehabilitation services across the continuum of care in Kuwait.
- Karageorgi S., Deeny M., Hamdan E. Cultural Perceptions of Healthy Weight in Kuwait.