- Conduct thorough diagnostic assessments, and design patient-centered treatment plans including medication management and referrals to other treatment providers when appropriate.
- Provide consultations with other clinical staff.
- Be available for emergencies; and assist with the dissemination of public health information and outreach.
- Manage clinical and administrative aspects of the clinic
- Provide multicultural competent and patient-centered psychiatric assessments
- Prescribe medication and refer to other treatment providers when necessary
- Follow-up on treatment to ensure appropriate resolution of illness
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team on the development of patient-centered treatment plans
- Provide consultation and training for clinical staff
- Maintain clinical documentation
- Assist with psychiatric hospitalizations when appropriate
- Periodic after-hours availability for urgent situations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Completion of a residency program in psychiatry or a related specialty
- Board Certified and eligible for licensure with the Kuwait MoH
- Demonstrated multicultural competence
- Thorough knowledge to effectively apply principles and methods essential to psychiatry and the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders
- Thorough knowledge of laws, regulations, and professional standards pertaining to the medical field and psychiatry in Kuwait
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting and patient population
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with a multidisciplinary group of professionals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of clinicians and patients